PETE THE CAT RELEASES SELF-TITLED DEBUT ALBUM WORLDWIDE VIA ASG,10:22 pm AND UMe
19-Track Digital Album Out Today;
28-Track CD to be Released November 2 -- Available Now for Preorder
Los Angeles – September 21, 2018 – Everyone’s favorite feline, Pete the Cat, releases his self-titled debut children’s music album today worldwide via ASG Records, 10:22 pm and UMe. Timed for release with today’s global premiere of his new Pete The Cat animated kids series on Amazon Prime Video, the album features guest artists including Diana Krall, Elvis Costello, KT Tunstall, and other hip cats who love Pete. The 19-track Pete the Cat album is available now for download purchase and streaming. An expanded 28-track CD, available now for preorder, will be released November 2. Right on time for the holiday season, the CD’s nine bonus tracks feature six festive original holiday songs Pete recorded with friends, including Dave Matthews and Jason Mraz.
Check out Pete the Cat:
Pete the Cat enjoys playing guitar and singing upbeat, groovy songs about exploring your world and trying new things, while being smart, accepting, and optimistic. Pete is a very cool and loveable cat who, along with his friends, experiences the day-to-day challenges and changes that children can relate to on a personal level. Whether you're making new friends, or facing all of life's ups and downs, all of Pete’s catchy songs featured in his new animated series highlight the lessons life can teach you.
Based on the best-selling children's books, Pete the Cat is a fun, musically driven series. The series stars Jacob Tremblay as Pete the Cat, and the GRAMMY®-winning musicians Diana Krall and Elvis Costello as Pete’s Mom and Dad. Pete the Cat features original songs performed by Costello and Krall. Jessica Biel, Atticus Shaffer, and internationally acclaimed musician KT Tunstall also star in the series. The music for the series and the album is produced by GRAMMY and EMMY® nominated music producer Michael Hodges.
Pete the Cat’s first season highlights themes of self-discovery. Pete stays cool as he tries new things, sets out for picture day, writes his first song, learns to surf, and gives his first performance with his band. The show’s original songs encourage children to be curious, creative, and positive while rockin' to their own beat.
Pete the Cat
1. Pete the Cat feat. Elvis Costello – Pete The Cat Theme
2. Pete the Cat feat. KT Tunstall – CatGo & The Nine Lives
3. Pete the Cat feat. Diana Krall – Blueberry Cupcake Blues
4. Pete the Cat feat. Elvis Costello & Diana Krall – Going To The Beach
5. Pete the Cat feat. Bob – Go Pete Go
6. Pete the Cat feat. The Resolutions – Sandcastles Made Of Sand
7. Pete the Cat feat. KT Tunstall – Catalina Casesolver
8. Pete the Cat feat. Bob – Just Gotta Be You
9. Pete the Cat feat. Tom Freund – Blank Page Blues
10. Pete the Cat feat. KT Tunstall – Let It Slide
11. Pete the Cat feat. Bob & Callie – Begin To Begin
12. Pete the Cat feat. Emma – Emma's Weird Song
13. Pete the Cat feat. The Resolutions – This Song Is Not A Lullaby
14. Pete the Cat feat. Bob & Callie – Roll Baby Roll
15. Pete the Cat feat. KT Tunstall – CatGo's Weird Song
16. Pete the Cat feat. Gustavo – Being The New Kid
17. Pete the Cat feat. Callie – Bacon & Egg Boogaloo
18. Pete the Cat feat. The Resolutions – Imagine Things Are Going Great
19. Pete the Cat feat. Michael Hodges – Three Bite Rule
CD Bonus Tracks
20. Pete the Cat feat. The Resolutions – The Scariest Place
21. Pete the Cat feat. Bob – One Cat's Bucket
22. Pete the Cat feat. the Resolutions – The Legend of the Christmas Cat
23. Pete the Cat feat. Grumpy – The Gettingest Time of the Year
24. Pete the Cat feat. the Resolutions – Holiday Chi Chi Mamba
25. Pete the Cat feat. Dave Matthews – Lend a Hand
26. Pete the Cat feat. Swampy Marsh – Hula Hula Holiday
27. Pete the Cat feat. Gerald Trottman & Michael Hodges – Jingle Cat
28. Pete the Cat feat. Jason Mraz – The Givingest Time of the Year
Pete the Cat is a co-production with Amazon Studios and Alcon Television Group. It is developed by Jeff "Swampy" Marsh (Phineas and Ferb, Milo, The Simpsons) and Appian Way Production Company. Marsh serves as executive producer along with Alcon's Andrew Kosove, Broderick Johnson, and Laura Lancaster, as well as Appian Way's Jennifer Davisson. The musically driven series also includes EMMY nominated executive music producers Michael Hodges, Ashley Culp and Kayla Morrison from ASG Music Group (Blade Runner 2049 and The Expanse). Hodges and Gerald Trottman serve as composers. Marsh’s connection and love for music shines through in the series with his focus on making songs kids and parents will both enjoy. “We set out to create great music, not just great ‘children's’ music,” says Marsh, adding, “Working on the songs for this show was truly a dream come true for me. The cast, crew and musical masters that helped create these songs are incredibly talented and I am humbled to have been a part of it. The whole process was a labor of love.”
James Dean’s art has sold in more than ninety galleries and shops across the United States. He has devoted his paintings to Pete the Cat for fifteen years and has turned his natural love for cats into his life’s work. James published his first adult book, The Misadventures of Pete the Cat, a history of his artwork, in 2006. He illustrated his first self-published children’s book, Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes, in 2008, and the follow-up book, Pete the Cat: Rocking in My School Shoes, in 2011. A new picture book based on the Pete the Cat Amazon Prime series will be published by HarperCollins on November 6th.
About 10:22 pm
Universal Music Group’s 10:22 pm is an innovative media company committed to signing and developing recording artists and digital creators with a focus on developing multimedia content, recorded music, consumer products and advancing new forms of storytelling.
About Universal Music Enterprises
Universal Music Enterprises (UMe) is the centralized U.S. catalog and special markets entity for Universal Music Group (UMG). Working closely with all of UMG’s record labels, UMe provides a strategic approach to global catalog management, a concentration of resources, a greater emphasis on targeted marketing initiatives and opportunities. UMe’s focus is to explore and create new ways to engage and connect the artist to the consumer through traditional as well as emerging methods and technologies. This methodology helps maximize impressions and discovery for our artists and their brands and to maintain and expand the brand’s growth.
ASG Music Group is designed to revolutionize the integrations within music, film, television and commercial media companies. In an industry filled with creative pressures to cut costs, ASG has formed an entertainment model to increase revenue, generate new revenue and add value for all ASG partners while focusing on the directors, producers and production companies’ creative visions. ASG provides industry wide services including music content creation, production, composition, promotion, distribution and label services in all areas of music. In addition to producing original music and third party content for Alcon’s motion picture and television properties, ASG partners with other film, television, brand and commercial media companies to provide numerous music solutions and label services.