FRANK SINATRA – ‘STANDING ROOM ONLY’ TO BE RELEASED WORLDWIDE ON MAY 4
Deluxe 3CD and Digital Collection Presents
Rare/Unreleased Complete Concerts from Three Decades
Los Angeles – March 16, 2018 – In an unparalleled entertainment career spanning seven decades, Frank Sinatra became a timeless, indelible cultural icon for the world. His live performances are legendary, imbued with an innate warmth and ease unmatched by any other performer, then or now. A stellar new collection, Frank Sinatra - Standing Room Only, presents three captivating rare and previously unreleased Sinatra concerts from the 1960s, ‘70s and ‘80s. Available now for preorder in deluxe 3CD and digital formats, Standing Room Only will be released worldwide on May 4 by Capitol/UMe and Frank Sinatra Enterprises.
Starting today, “Fly Me To The Moon,” recorded live at The Sands, Las Vegas in 1966, is available for streaming and for immediate download with digital preorder. Preorder Frank Sinatra – Standing Room Only: https://UMe.lnk.to/SinatraSRO
“I get an audience involved, personally involved, in a song, because I’m involved myself.
It’s not something I do deliberately. I can’t help myself.” – Frank Sinatra
Sinatra’s acclaimed concerts always sold out, leaving many fans clamoring to try to score a spot to stand behind the seats or along a wall with a rare and coveted “standing room only” ticket to the big show. Being in the room for Sinatra’s performances of “Come Fly With Me,” “My Way,” “You Make Me Feel So Young,” “The Lady Is A Tramp,” “The Theme From ‘New York, New York’,” and so many more of his iconic songs was a thrilling experience for anyone who had the opportunity.
Standing Room Only presents three remarkable complete concerts from three decades of Sinatra’s career: his January 28, 1966 second show with Count Basie at The Sands, Las Vegas (previously unreleased on CD); his October 7, 1974 concert at Philadelphia’s Spectrum arena (previously unreleased); and his October 24, 1987 concert at Dallas’ Reunion Arena (previously unreleased in its entirety). The collection’s audio is newly remixed by Larry Walsh at NBCUniversal Audio and mastered by Seth Foster at Universal Mastering Studios. The deluxe 3CD package includes a 30-page booklet with liner notes plus several rare and never-before-published photos.
FRANK SINATRA - STANDING ROOM ONLY [3CD; Digital]
CD 1: The Sands, Las Vegas - January 28, 1966 (2nd show)
1. Come Fly With Me 9. You Make Me Feel So Young
2. I've Got A Crush On You 10. The Shadow Of Your Smile
3. I've Got You Under My Skin 11. Luck Be A Lady
4. The September Of My Years 12. It Was A Very Good Year
5. Street Of Dreams 13. Where Or When
6. Angel Eyes 14. My Kind Of Town
7. Fly Me To The Moon 15. A Few Last Words (Monologue)
8. “The Tea Break” (Monologue) 16. My Kind Of Town (Reprise)
CD 2: The Spectrum, Philadelphia - October 7, 1974
1. Overture 10. I’ve Got You Under My Skin
2. The Lady Is A Tramp 11. “The Tea Break” (Monologue)
3. I Get A Kick Out Of You 12. Send In The Clowns
4. Let Me Try Again 13. If
5. My Kind Of Town 14. You Are The Sunshine Of My Life
6. Welcome 15. What Are You Doing The Rest Of Your Life?
7. Ol’ Man River 16. My Way
8. Monologue 17. Bows: My Way
9. I Get Along Without You Very Well
CD 3: Reunion Arena, Dallas - October 24, 1987
1. Overture / Introduction 13. Angel Eyes
2. You Are The Sunshine Of My Life 14. If
3. What Now My Love 15. When Joanna Loved Me
4. My Heart Stood Still 16. For Once In My Life
5. Moonlight In Vermont 17. Lonely Town
6. Summer Wind 18. Theme From "New York, New York"
7. You Will Be My Music 19. Bows: Theme From "New York, New York"
8. More Than You Know 20. Where Or When
9. Mack The Knife 21. My Way
10. Monologue 22. Maybe This Time
11. What's New? 23. The Lady Is A Tramp
12. Bewitched 24. Bows: You Are There
About Frank Sinatra
Throughout his seven-decade career, Frank Sinatra performed on more than 1,400 recordings and was awarded 31 gold, nine platinum, three double platinum, and one triple platinum album by the Recording Industry Association of America. Sinatra demonstrated a remarkable ability to appeal to every generation and continues to do so; his artistry still influences many of today’s music superstars. The Oscar® winner also appeared in more than 60 films and produced eight motion pictures.
Sinatra was awarded Lifetime Achievement Awards from The Recording Academy, The Screen Actors Guild and the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP), as well as the Kennedy Center Honors, the Presidential Medal of Freedom and the Congressional Gold Medal. Today, he remains a legend and an inspiration around the world for his contributions to culture and the arts.
For more information about Frank Sinatra, visit sinatra.com.